Thursday, 11 September 2008
These first 3 are done on water coloured paper, that was left over from some atc's that I made, so don't throw your scraps of papers away they always come in handy.
If anyone does not know about Twinches, they are only 2 inch square, there is a challenge site for making inches and twinches, I am going to join the challenge site myself, so I should be able to give you a direct link to this site,
I hope that you like these mini works of art.
I thoroughly enjoyed making these twinches, although it was hard to cut such small images out of the collage sheets that I used, practice WILL make perfect.
It was also nice to use some of the small rubber stamps that I have been collecting, my photo and cropping work still needs to be improved, but I am getting better !
This is the funky foam stamp that I made, think that I will try to make a few more stamps, maybe for backgrounds.
Tuesday, 9 September 2008
These atc sized haunted houses were made for a swap in the atc world group, I didn't have a branch/tree rubber stamp for the embossing so I cut one out of kiddies funky foam and stuck it onto a acrylic block with double sided tape, am pleased with the way it came out, it will do until I get chance to order one.
Friday, 5 September 2008
1, Collage of clowns using victorian scraps, 2,Picture from Alice in wonderland coloured with marvy pens, used mica in the tree for blossom, 3,inked background, old holiday advert,bathing beauty picture, this was then waxed to give it a cloudy look and overlayed with transparency, foiled taped edge.
1,Inked background, overlayed with scrunched tissue paper then rubbed with ink pad to bring out the folds and creases, stamped and pictures added
2, water coloured background, fish were coloured with pearl pigments, toiled and raised with decoupage sealant, added dried sea grass.
Tuesday, 2 September 2008
This was my first altered altoid tin, it's great fun to do these, I made 4 of them for a swap that I was in, can't find the photo's of the other 3 , which is a shame as they were all different, used lots of beads and fibers to finish it off.
These 3 atc's are all made with fabric, the 2 girls are printed to cotton on a inkjet printer, scanned from a collage sheet, I was very surprised at how clear they came out, the red heart was made from needle felted organza and netting, I really must use the felting machine more often, its been a long time !
These ones are made by layering small fabric scraps onto craft vilene/timex, then covered with organza, free motion embroidered to keep the scraps in place, you then burn some of the organza away with a soldering iron to reveal the fabric underneath, cotton backing and zigzag edges
Monday, 1 September 2008
This set of oriental cards was made at the beginning of the year for a swap in the Atc World group, this was my first time using alcohol inks, was pleased with my first attempt, not a very clear picture of the inked backgrounds but is the only one that I have, also did some stamping and used torn mulberry papers along with photo copies of the geisha girls