Wednesday 14 January 2009

Grunge, Gothic Arch

Here is a picture of my arch for this weeks challenge on Gothic Arches, the theme is " Grunge ", this has been fun to make as its my first attempt at grunge, certainly will not be my last ! I made this one 5 1/2" tall, a nice size to work with.

I glued photo paper to my card base which was then twisted around in a pool of 3 different colours of alcohol inks to give the background effect, the clock and music stand were cut from an old antiques sale catalogue, the photo of the lady was carefully removed from a cabinet card, ( I was surprised at how easy the photo came away from the backing card) when these were in place I added more ink over the top of them, then scored the arch with a metal comb, not really sure what it is, the circles are added with acrylic paints, black inked edges to finish it off.

10 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

This is so cool! Love the background, image, everything! Great work.

Sandy said...

OMG this is really stunning and perfect grunge. Love them.

Thanks Suze for playing.

Femmy said...

great arch!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful arch

Willy said...

Fabulous arch, Suze!

Mary-Beth said...

This a great arch! Love the story and the background is fab!

Lorri said...

Hi Suze, I found your blog through flickr - gosh i love flickr!! Thanks for adding me.
This is a Great Gothic Arch. I love the grunge so much.
Come visit me too, it would be nice to see you. :)

RubyMay said...

brilliant arch...and thanks for sharing your background. I like the sound of swirling the card in three different inks....it sounds fun !

~*~Patty S said...

your grunge arch turned out really great, I enjoyed the close up view very much too!

Ginger said...

Love the grunge look on this amazing woman. Gorgeous!Very good story awesome!