Tuesday 6 January 2009

Hello Everyone

After so long away from my blog I thought that it was about time to get things back into routine again, I have been ill for nearly a month and then with Christmas and New Year the time has just flown by, I swapped some art pieces with my sister in law Jen, these were made for our November swap so I have added the pictures of some of these, I also made Jen a nine piece Moo puzzle which I was very pleased with ,and a Winter gothic arch, but I need to wait for my brother to email a picture of these as I forgot to take one so I will add that at a later date.

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all a fantastic New
Year!!!!!!

1st, A mix of printed and mulberry papers, picture, and machine sewn
2nd, Christmas ornaments, inspired by Tim Holtz, ideas taken from his Christmas tags

3rd, This is my first attempt using the packing tape transfer technique, inked background
4th, Another new one for me, I used the Bandanna Technique, flower scrolls stamped with black Stazon and then the dots around the pattern are done with a white gel pen
These baby and mermaid paper dolls were made using patterns by Valerie Brincheck, the baby is made with printed papers, brads for the buttons and some lampshade fringe for his hair, arms and legs both move.
The mermaid was done with water colour paints for the skin tone, roving for the hair, tiny no hole beads and flat back gems as embellishments, her tail is painted with shades of blue and lilac, when this was dry I laid a piece of sequin waste over the top and dabbed on some Duncans pearl ivory paint to represent her scales, I had great fun making both of these paper dolls, hope that you like them.

No comments: